1. Read the story below carefully. Underline any words you think are spelt incorrectly. (Hint: There are seven errors.)
Arfter criket on Saterday I invited Ryan to my house.
'Do you wont to play golf?' I asked.
Ryan agreed. I went ferst. Then it was Ryan's turn.
'Here I go!' he cryed.
'Oh, no!' we both yelled.
The golf ball had smashd the shed window.
A dictionary can be used to look up words that are incorrectly spelt, however if the wrong letters are at the beginning of a word it is difficult to find. Check the word by:
• saying it slowly, stretching out the sounds; and
• listening carefully and checking the first three letters.
2. Write the errors from the story. Use a dictionary to check the correct spelling.
3. Rewrite the story below using the correct spelling. (Hint: There are five errors.)
On Wensday we went for an exkershin to the beach. Our class colected seeweed, plants, shells and starfish to desplay in the classroom.