“Reflecting Pool”: Answer all questions in complete sentences.
1. Which paragraph tells why Jamie was excited to see the “Help Wanted” sign.
2. Why did the author include paragraph #5?
3. What can you infer from Miss Pratt asking Jamie so many personal questions.
4. What prediction can you make based on paragraph #18?
5. What does the phrase “good fortune” mean?
6. Based on the sentence, “Wow was all Jamie could say when she first saw these treasures”, what did Jamie feel?
7. Using context clues, what does the word “marveled”mean in paragraph #25?
8.How does Jamie justify taking the ring, in paragraph #24?
9. What person vs. self conflict is happening in paragraph #32?
10. In paragraph #39, why does Jamie say, “Oh, you shouldn’t have”?
11. Based on the name of the mirror and the events that have taken place, what can you infer the mirror does?
12. In paragraph #51, why does Jamie panic?
13. In paragraph #59, why didn’t Jamie feel safe in her room?
14. What type of conflict is happening in paragraph #64?
15. Predict the end of the story. (Answer the following questions.: Where did the wind come from? Why did the wind blow? What do you think happened next?)