Square Kilometre Array
How can we use the text in the paragraph to find the main idea?
1. The sentence, "...and produce the highest resolution images of our cosmos yet seen". What does the word resolution mean in context?
2. In context, what does the word absence mean?
3. "Sensitivity is vital..." What does sensitivity refer to here? Use evidence to explain your reasoning.
a) the secrecy of the project bid.
b) the capability of the equipment.
c) the impact on the environment.
d) the importance of data collected.
1. What is the main idea of the 1st paragraph? Then explain why using the RAPP Strategy.
a) The SKA will be built in Australia and South-Africa.
b) The SKA is the world's largest radio telescope built in two main sites that takes up a surface area of 1km.
c) The project costs $2 billion.
d) The SKA is the worlds largest radio telescope costing $2 Billion dollars to construct in two main sites.
2. What is the main idea of the 3rd paragraph? Then explain why using the RAPP Strategy.
a) Radio Telescope is 10 000 time faster than any other radio telescope.
b) The SKA is a powerful tool that has a wide range of radio frequencies allowing scientists to see distant objects clearly.
c) The radio telescope is 50 times more sensitive and 10 000 times faster, allowing scientists to see images at a high resolution.
d) The SKA is 1km in size allowing it to scan wide range of radio frequencies.